To really take this all in, imagine what you ate for breakfast yesterday morning sitting in your tummy at 98 degrees….gross right?!
I used to think that bowel movements once every 2-3 days was totally normal. Now the thought of that terrifies me because substances that are supposed to be eliminated get absorbed back into the bloodstream.
- 6 c water
- 1 chunk fresh ginger (approximately 5-6″ in length)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 fresh lemons
- peel the ginger and dice into thin slices.
- in a large pot or saucepan over high heat on the stove combine the peeled and sliced ginger and water. bring to a boil. then turn to low heat and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes, add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric and cayenne and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- then remove from heat, let cool and strain.
- this makes about 6 cups of a concentrated version of the detox tea which you can store in a glass container in the fridge. you can drink this concentrate warm or cold and add ½ fresh lemon juice right before you enjoy.
- i personally like to add ¼ c of this mixture to ½ fresh lemon juice and 6 oz hot water.