DIY Magnesium Balm is a simple and effective way to add magnesium to your daily health regimen. Transdermal magnesium bypasses the digestive tract, making the nutrient more bioavailable without the danger of overdoing it. (See The Health Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium.)
- 1/4 cup magnesium oil
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 3-5 drops leucidal liquid radish root (A natural preservative found here.)
- 5-10 drops essential oil of choice (lavender and/or Roman chamomile work well)
- Set aside magnesium oil.
- Melt avocado oil, shea butter, and beeswax in double boiler.
- Transfer to food processor.
- Blend oils and slowly stream in the magnesium oil.
- Add essential oils and leucidal liquid radish root and blend again.
- Pour into glass containers. Makes enough for approximately three 2-ounce jars.