While you might think that a Liver Cleansing Detox Smoothie sounds a little odd, just remember that our livers are responsible for detoxing our bodies every day, all day, all the time….no breaks. In this toxic world, we are overburdened with toxins. We come into contact with WAY more toxins in our modern world than people did even 100 years ago.
- 3 beets (quartered) —-> stimulates liver function
- 3 carrots —-> stimulates liver function
- 2 cups leafy greens of your choice —-> neutralize heavy metals and toxins
- 1 cup dandelion greens —-> bitter greens increase the creation and flow of bile
- 1 organic lemon (quartered) —-> high in vitamin C, which aids the body in synthesizing toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water and eliminated via expiration, urine and sweat
- 1 apple, cored and sliced —-> helps cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract, taking the burden off of the liver
- 1 cup purple cabbage (chopped) —-> increase the amount of glucosinolate in your system, aiding enzyme production in the liver
- Filtered water
- 1 high-powered blender
- 2 Tbsp MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil, which helps make the nutrients more absorbable by the body. MCT oil does not need to be broken down by the liver so it is an ideal fat to consume when detoxing your liver!
- Add ingredients to your blender, starting with the large chunks first (beets and apples).
- Add the rest and pour water to about 3/4 full.
- Blend on high until liquified (you can add more water to your desired consistency).
- Enjoy your Liver Cleansing Detox Smoothie right away for the most nutritional benefits!